Santa Brigida is an affluent, rural area of Gran Canaria. It contains a wide range of property types from large villas to modern apartments in Santa Brigida town. [Read more…]
I’ve written before about the benefits of using one estate agent to handle the sale of your Gran Canaria property via an exclusive contract.
But somehow, I’ve never managed to explain it in a few words (until now).
- You only get pestered by the estate agent you choose, rather than by lots of people you don’t know.
- All the island’s agents work to sell your property, but your agent is in charge of the whole process; marketing, viewings, paperwork, contracts, etc.
- Your chosen agent is there to look after your interests.
An exclusive contract with a good Gran Canaria agent means that you have complete control over the selling process.
Working exclusively with a good agent gives you the best possible chance of selling promptly and at the best possible price.
I’m Laura Leyshon and I’m one of Gran Canaria’s top-selling estate agents. If you have a property to sell in Gran Canaria, please feel free to contact me for a free appraisal and valuation.
It can be tough to find the right property in Gran Canaria’s popular property areas because of high demand.
However, there are spots all around Gran Canaria where you can still find fantastic houses and apartments are reasonable prices.
Here are five spots that I think are going to become more popular over the next few years. [Read more…]
Online property sellers like Housell now promote themselves in Gran Canaria as an alternative to estate agencies.
They sell themselves as a cheap way to find a buyer that cuts costs by removing the middleman (middlewoman, in my case).
However, what they actually do is charge well over 1000 euros upfront without offering any guarantees at all. [Read more…]
The valuation (tasación) your bank makes when you apply for a mortgage has a significant effect on your Gran Canaria property purchase.
- If it’s too low, you don’t get the mortgage or have to provide more capital.
- If it’s too high, it can cost you a fortune in extra tax payments.